This guide will provide you with all the information and the steps that you must follow to play the game download from Gamdie without any issues and errors.
1. Disable Antivirus or Make Exclusion
You need to disable your Antivirus or make exclusion before extracting the Zip file. This is because there are several files that make the game work (known as cr@ck/DLL files) and those files will mostly be removed by your Antivirus or Windows Defender. So you need to either disable or use Exclusion to extract those files without getting them removed. WE RECOMMEND THE EXCLUSION METHOD.
DISABLING ANTIVIRUS METHOD:
- After you download the Zip file of the game, make sure you disable your Antivirus or Windows Defender.
- Now extract the Zip file anywhere on your Hard drive. If possible always use other drives than C. (Most times game won’t work due to permissions on C drive)
Creating the Exclusion folder for Windows Defender. (If you are using a specific Antivirus, then Google the exception method for that)
- Create a folder named anything (Games) on your Hard drive.
- Go to Windows Security. You can also search it in the Windows search bar.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Manage settings > Scroll down to exclusions, click “add or remove exclusions” and add the Games folder to the list.
- Once everything is done, then you can always extract your game into that Games folder. Your Antivirus will not detect it as a threat anymore or remove the game files.
2. Installing the _Redist Programs
Every game Zip file will have the _Redist folder containing all the programs that you must have installed on your system to make the games work. These programs may also be already installed on your system, so make sure you run setup to know that. All the programs are legit and you can even download them from Microsoft or their official site if you want.
Note: You don’t need to install them for each game, once is enough. You can also remove the folder after installing them.
3. Update Graphics Drivers and Windows
Some games will not work if your graphics drivers are outdated. Some big named games will only work on a specific version of Windows (only rare games not all), so keep that in mind too and check for the System Requirements always.
- By default, you can use Windows search and open “Device Manager“. In there, expand the “Display Adapters” section and then right-click each item there. Click “Update Driver” and choose the option to search automatically. It will install a new driver if there is one, or tell you that you are already up-to-date.
- You can also just use your Nvidia or AMD software to update the drivers.
4. Always Run Game as an Administrator
After following all the above steps, the last thing will be running the game. You need to always run the game as an administrator.
- Right-click on the game EXE and choose the “Run as administrator” option. Then click the Yes button to run as administrator.
- You can also set this by default for double-clicking exe. Right-click on the EXE and choose Properties. Then in the Compatibility tab, tick the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
- Click Apply/Yes option. Now the game will always run as an administrator even if you double-click it.